Labels

Not all who wander are lost- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Lazy Days in Bodrum

A sunset picture that Zeynep took on her phone when we were at dinner. We ate right on the beach. Beautiful

I feel like you are all due an update, although there is not much to update you on. 
Well the days in Bodrum have been a blur. It feels like I’ve been here forever. It feels like I just got here yesterday. I guess that’s what its like when you have no agenda. 

I do pretty much the same thing every day, but it doesn’t get boring. I swim in the pool, I swim in the sea. Some days we go out on the boat and find crystal blue coves and I go diving for shells. Some days there are as many as 7 kids here, today there are two. Overall it has been very relaxing. I get about two hours off mid-day and during that time I like to take pictures, swim or read (or in yesterday’s case register for classes...frustrating). I love the slow pace of Bodrum. It is nothing like Istanbul. Everyday in Istanbul was go-go-go, places to see, new things to eat, shiny things to buy. Meeting up with Sarah and Alix. Navigating, getting lost- you get the idea. Here I am quite content to stay in the gated community and read my kindle and get some sun. I’m getting a pretty decent tan despite the fact that I lather myself with SPF 50. Must be all the swimming. After seeing some older super tan ladies, I am pretty careful about the sun. 

The food here is so fresh. I love all the cherries, watermelon, apricots and peaches I get! The fish here is equally delicious. Twice now we have parked the boat, swam to shore and eaten at the first restaurant we can find. Probably my favourite thing to do.
Nothing really worth noting except MY SISTER IS COMING TODAY! She might even be in Bodrum on the 30th fingers crossed. Missing Canadian companionship. 
That’s all folks!

The view from the balcony at the summer home. The pool that we swim in

Where we like to play cards

Where I like to swim and read

the sunset

sunset, my favourite time of day here

No comments:

Post a Comment